Structural Remedial Work to HSBC ATM
The Principle team were asked by client Interserve to assess the structural fabric of the ATM room at the Bury Mill Gate branch of HSBC, and carry out required structural remedial work.
The main objectives of the project were to:
- Make the structure safe
- Make the ATM safe
- Minimise risk to shoppers and staff by maintaining a safe working environment
- Return the ATM to full working order as quickly as possible.
Working within a busy shopping centre certainly provided some challenges for the Principle team. We had to ensure that our health and safety was to the highest standards, and ensure working areas were fully secure to minimise disruption to shoppers and staff.
The work carried out included:
- Set up safe work areas and secure enclosure in front of ATMs
- Remove ATMs
- Strip out existing electrical, data and alarms to ATM room
- Relocate smoke heads
- Demolish non-conforming walls and rebuild to HSBC security requirements
- Fit new doors
- New electrical, data and alarm fit-out
- Install new ATMs and signage
- Clean and redecorate front of house area.
The project took just 2 weeks to complete.
Related case studies