External Refurbishment Projects for HSBC Branches
The Principle team recently completed an external refurbishment of the HSBC Prescot branch on behalf of the main contractor Interserve.
The Prescot branch is just one of 16 branches in the North West that Principle are refurbishing, and the company has also been awarded a further 10 branches in the Midlands and Wales.
The extensive exterior projects include the refurbishment of roof and building elevations which entail:
- Agree access with each Branch and inspect All roof areas with repairs to be identified and carried out (with agreement of building surveyor where necessary). Allow for roof replacement and minimum 10 year guarantee if roof is found to require replacement.
- Removal of vegetation to be undertaken, removal of weed, moss cushions, debris leaves and water test.
- Ensure all gutters and drains are free flowing upon completion. Locate any leaks from water test and report.
- Inspect coping stones to all areas, and chimneys. Where loose/missing joints are evident, make good, and ensure water tight and free from movement.
- Allow for cleaning gutters, rainwater outlets, hoppers, fall pipes, drains, gutters etc. Water test and ensure clear and free flowing upon completion. Ensure gutters and fall pipes are not leaking.
- General inspection of all details to roof and perimeters. Allow for ensuring all loose and friable surfaces are removed, including highlighting any areas of repair required. Allow for inspection of and dressing all lead to all areas on and at roof level.
In addition the team were asked to review timber casement windows to the first floor of the building that required urgent attention to prevent further damage to fabric and glazing.
This resulted in complete window replacement and repairs to remaining six timber frames, with redecoration.
Related case studies